Whitharral ISD will be closed starting March 23, 2020 through April 3, 2020 to support our community and health care professionals in the ongoing goal of containing the spread of the novel coronavirus, or COVID-19. Additionally, all extracurricular activities, practices and athletic events are suspended indefinitely or until further notice. There will be no use of the gym or any other facility belonging to Whitharral ISD.
We do not make this decision lightly. We fully realize it presents significant difficulties to working parents. However, we are hopeful that these measures will better ensure the long-term health and safety of children, staff, and the larger community.
We will also take this week to further clean schools and buses and restock custodial and nursing supplies.
Additionally, Whitharral ISD asks the broader community to take the following reasonable precautions to prevent the spread of the illness:
• Don’t shake hands
• Wash your hands regularly
• Limit movement within the community, especially avoiding crowded placed and maintaining 3 to 6 ft of the distance between people (at least an arm’s length)
• If you are moving around in the community, don’t congregate in large groups
• For those who have traveled to areas with known COVID-19 cases – both inside and outside of the country – we ask that you self-quarantine and monitor for symptoms. Students who have traveled should plan to stay home for two weeks after arriving home. Please contact your campus to let them know, and this will be considered an excused absence.
• If you suspect you have symptoms of COVID-19, call your health care provider for medical advice.
• Keep your child at home if he/she feels ill, even if you think it is just a cold.
• Do not leave the house if you are ill, except to access medical care
This is a quickly changing situation, and we will continue to monitor information, will assess conditions throughout the week, and will provide the next update by March 25, 2020 via our website and email.
Thank you for your support and cooperation
Information about the District
Overall Rating “A”!
Social Studies Earned
Comparative Growth Earned
Postsecondary Readiness Earned
Comparative Closing the Gaps Earned